There are many types of protein bars available, but with the rise of dairy-free diets, a growing number of people are now seeking dairy-free protein bars. Why would someone opt for a dairy-free protein bar, and which dairy-free protein bar is the best on the market? We’ll be answering those questions and more in this article. Here’s what you need to know!
Why Would Someone Choose a Dairy-Free Protein Bar?
There are a few main reasons why someone might choose a dairy-free protein bar over one that contains dairy:
- Lactose intolerant or dairy allergy: By eliminating dairy, dairy-free protein bars make it possible for those with a dairy sensitivity or allergy to enjoy a protein-packed snack without having to worry about digestive issues or other symptoms.
- Vegan diet: For people following a vegan diet, dairy-free protein bars are a great way to increase their protein intake without consuming any animal products.
- Health reasons: Some people choose to follow a dairy-free diet for health reasons. Advocates of a dairy-free diet report benefits like reduced bloating, better skin, and more energy.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Avoid on a Dairy-Free Diet?
A dairy-free diet eliminates all forms of dairy, including milk, cheese, yogurt, and butter. However, dairy is often present in many packaged foods under names you might not be familiar with. To ensure a product is dairy free, it’s important to avoid the following common ingredients:
- Milk: This is the most obvious form of dairy and should be avoided in any form, including whole milk, skim milk, and powdered milk.
- Casein: Casein is a protein found in milk that is often used as a food additive and can be found in processed foods like protein bars.
- Whey: Whey is another protein found in milk that’s commonly used as an ingredient in protein bars, protein powders, and energy bars.
- Lactose: Lactose is the sugar found in milk that’s commonly used as a sweetener in processed foods.
- Butter: Butter is made from milk and should be avoided when following a dairy-free diet.
- Cheese: Cheese is made from milk and is often used as a flavor enhancer, topping, or ingredient in processed foods.
What to Look for in a Healthy Dairy-Free Protein Bar?
When choosing a dairy-free protein bar, it’s important to look for one that is both nutritious and satisfying. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Low-sugar or sugar-free: Look for a bar that is low in sugar. Many processed protein bars contain high levels of added sugar, which can be detrimental to your health. Opt for bars that rely on natural sources of sweetness like fruit.
- Minimally-processed ingredients: Choose a bar made from whole foods and other minimally-processed ingredients, such as nuts, seeds, fruit, pea protein, and brown rice. Avoid bars that contain artificial ingredients, preservatives, or added colors.
- Caloric content: A healthy dairy-free protein bar should have between 150-200 calories, making it a satisfying snack that won’t sabotage your diet.
- Adequate protein: Needless to say, your protein bar should have a significant amount of protein. Protein is essential to many critical body functions, such as muscle growth and repair, weight management, and immune function. Look for a bar that contains ten or more grams of protein from minimally processed protein sources like pea protein or brown rice protein.
What Is the Best Dairy-Free Protein Bar?
IQBAR is a high-protein, dairy-free protein bar that stands out from the crowd in terms of quality, taste, and nutritional value. Let’s take a look at what makes IQBAR the (dairy-free) cream of the crop:
- Whole ingredients: The bars are made with a blend of whole and minimally-processed ingredients, including nuts, seeds, fruit, coconut oil, flax seeds, unsweetened chocolate chips, and pea protein, providing a rich source of energy, fiber, and protein.
- Protein content: Each bar provides 12 grams of pure, plant-based protein from pea protein.
- Low sugar content: IQBARs are free from added sugar and contain only 1-2 grams of sugar from fruit per bar. They’re also lightly sweetened with stevia (a natural sweetener).
- Low carb content: IQBARs are ideal for those following low-carb diets, as they contain only 3 net carbs per bar.
- Great taste: The bars are available in a variety of flavors, including Chocolate Sea Salt, Peanut Butter Chip, Almond Butter Chip, Banana Nut, Matcha Chai, and Wild Blueberry, just to name a few. They’re chewy and satisfying, and make a healthy replacement when craving sweets like candy bars or brownies!
- Free of common allergens: In addition to being dairy-free, IQBARs are non-GMO, gluten-free, and soy-free.
- Plant-based and keto-friendly: One thing that sets IQBAR apart from other protein bars is that it’s suitable for people on both keto diets and plant-based diets.
- Contain brain-boosting nutrients: IQBAR was meticulously formulated around functional brain nutrients. Each bar contains six nutrients shown to support sustained cognitive energy, performance, and health. These include omega-3 fatty acids, MCTs, lion’s mane mushroom, flavonoids, vitamin E, and choline.
The Bottom Line on Dairy-Free Protein Bars
Choosing a dairy-free protein bar can be an excellent option for those who are lactose intolerant, vegan, or simply looking for a healthy, dairy-free snack.Among all the options available on the market, IQBAR stands out as the best vegan protein bar. With its focus on using only the highest-quality ingredients, impressive nutritional benefits, and assortment of mouth-watering flavors, IQBAR is the ideal choice for anyone searching for a nutritious and satisfying snack between meals or pre- or post-workout.